Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thai-ish Curry Crockpot Stew

    Since I was off work today, and bored out of my mind, despite having homework due - I thought I'd try something new. I didn't really wanna go to the store, so I threw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot, and called it Thai-ish Curry Crockpot Stew. I had the standard things I needed for curry (meat, coconut milk, and curry powder) so I said, "why not?"

     I served it to my SMO (Significant male other) over rice, but since I have made the primal transition, I had mine in a big ol' bowl - DELICIOUS!

Note: I have no clue what real Thai curry is suppose to taste like - I've never had it, but this was pretty darn good! Forgive me if it isn't what you expected, but like I said, it contains the essential ingredients, so it's gotta be close, right?

Ingredients:

1.5-2 lbs of Chicken
1 can of coconut milk
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 bag of baby carrots
1 Zucchini
1 onion
1 bag of frozen spinach (I used creamed, because that's what I had)
4 tbsp of Yellow Curry Powder
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp of onion powder
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of crushed red pepper
1 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tbsp of salt

Throw all your ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for eight hours. Before serving, dig in with a couple of big forks and shred your chicken - serve over rice, or eat a heaping bowl full if your like me - trust me, it's hardy!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment