Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

I thought I didn't like pumpkin pie, but my boyfriend LOVES it!
He insisted on making one, and I said, "why not!"

We were out pumpkin shopping, and along with our two big pumpkins for carving, we picked up two "pie" pumpkins. Again, he insisted - I was going to try to get by with canned pumpkin, but hey! It was a new experience, and I love to bake, so I went for it. After we got the pumpkins we headed off to the store - we needed eggs, evaporated milk, and pumpkin pie spice. I bought a couple of pie shells as well, and a a few other items for the house, and we headed back home. It was cold and dreary - a perfect warm pie and soup day in my opinion!

My First Pumpkin Pie!
One 8 inch "pie" pumpkin
deep dish pie frozen shell
3 eggs
one can evaporated milk
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 425. To get your pumpkin - First remove seeds and cut out the stem, and slice the pumpkin in four slices, and place in microwave safe bowl; place in microwave for 20 minutues. After removing pumpkin from microwave, you should be able to easily scrape the pumpkin from the skin, and into a drainer. Try to extract as much water from your pumpkin goop as you can, then puree with a hand mixer or you can use a stand mixer on high. After you puree the pumpkin, combine all ingredients, and keep mixing on high. Place the mixture in the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes at 425, then turn the oven to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes. After baking, allow pie to cool on rack, and enjoy!

First Pumkin pie?
SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment