Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Topping

Another day off, another recipe to try. I wanted try yet another sweet recipe, since I've been eating a ton of spicy food lately. I also wanted to see if it was possible to have a delicious cupcake, with nothing really bad for you in it. They were great. I actually made a mistake with the frosting - I really had no clue how to make a frosting thick enough, so I "Accidentally" made a truffle type topping. I'm not disappointed at all - it's delicious! Love'em!!

If I didn't have a headache, and a tummy ache, I would have eaten them all! They were so rich! A glass of almond milk would go well with them I think...

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 coconut flour
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 1/4 hazelnut agave nector
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients and mix with hand mixer on high, or in your stand mixer. Divide between eight cupcake cups, and back for 15-18 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean - which ever comes first :)

Topping:

  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 3 tbsp Hazelnut agave nector
Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for about a minute, stir in melted coconut oil, and remainder of ingredients - place in fridge for an thirty minutes to thicken - then transfer to stand mixer (or use hand mixer) and whip until smooth, and spread liberally on your cakes!

YUM!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment