Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Day I Joined The Best Company In The World

A lot has happened since my last life update.
First of all...

I PASSED MY REAL ESTATE EXAM!!

I am so relieved! If you've taken the exam before, you may know the feeling of walking into that situation and how intense it can be. They are very strict on what you can bring in - no jacket, no pens, no personal items at all. I was required to place my wallet, keys, and pens into a thick red bag with  a zipper and hang it on the back of my chair. Each work station is watched on a monitor where the proctor sits, so they see your every move. A word of advice for anyone who is thinking about getting their license in the future, sign up for Prep Agent! It is a great site with several videos, audio files, and practice exams. I signed up for 2 weeks worth of prep, and I would not have passed without it. The unit exams and final in both classes helped me a bit, but it was not as similar to the exam as Prep Agent. In fact, the questions on the final for my 30 hour State Licensing course were completely different than the ones on the actual exam. Without Prep Agent, I could have been up the creek without a paddle for that part of the exam. The national portion was much harder, but both Prep Agent and my 60 hour licensing course helped a lot. The only reason it was hard is that the questions were worded in a tricky way, and there always seemed to be more than one. Somehow I passed anyway, and I even surprised myself.

So...
30 hour State licensing course for Affiliate Brokers ✔
60 hour National licensing course for Affiliate Brokers ✔
State licensing exam ✔
National licensing exam ✔
Proof sent off to the state to receive license ✔
Begin on-boarding with Keller Williams ✔
Orientation with my team (11/26)

Yes, that's right. Yesterday I started my on-boarding with Keller Williams! As the title mentioned, it was the day I joined the best company in the world. I have Orientation Sunday with my team leader, and from then on it's just a waiting game. It should take 2-3 weeks to receive my actual license, and I have a few more fees to pay for insurance and marketing. I'm going to try and start lead generating in the most legal way possible. There are certain things I still can't do, but I can however have a Real Estate conversation with my sphere of influence. I know at least a few people looking to either buy a home, sell a home, or invest in real estate in 2018. From there, I hope to get more referrals and some good reviews. I wish I had my license during Bold, but maybe next time! I will still graduate Bold and I've still learned some valuable lessons and tips to have a successful business.

No comments:

Post a Comment