Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Party

I have so much to talk about!
Today is 9/14/15, but I'm dating these entries as they occurred.
I've been out of town/country since last week, so I've not been writing, but so much has happened. Of course you know that the wedding was on September 4th, and it was perfect! More about that later. Let's start from the begging of the festivities - the bachelorette party!
The Wednesday of the wedding week was the bachelorette party, and no kidding... my friends are better than yours LoL! They not only made a creative game to play all night long with custom cards and stickers, but they made me all kinds of tacky things to wear. My friend Tara is a graphic designer, so most of the printed matter for the party and the wedding was custom designed.
 
There were a number of challenges including:
Find another guy named Richard and take a photo with him.
Get a condom from a stranger.
Ask strangers for marital advice
 
We visited The Honest Pint, CBC, World of Beer, Sing it or Wing it, and Hair of the Dog. Each place brought another challenge and another shot. Before heading to each place, there was also a riddle that told us what was next. It was great!
I don't drink much, so I was taking it easy most of the night. I made the mistake of mentioning something about being sober though, which caused my friends to then over-compensate by buying me a ton of shots. My night ended with throwing up in my front yard and going to bed with my veil on. Don't worry, that was the goal. (kidding, of course)
 
Besides the last half hour of the night, it was a blast!
And just so you know, none of us drove.
Don't drink and drive kids!
 
Richard's friends took him out as well, and from what I heard he had fun. It was more tame - Arcade, dinner, and beer at a friend's house.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment