Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Wedding

I can't say enough about our wedding - it was absolutely perfect! I wouldn't change one thing. I have zero regrets, and I do not suffer from wedding amnesia! We were surrounded by family and friends who love us, and I'm so incredibly thankful for those who helped make the day perfect!
 
That morning I grabbed breakfast with my bridesmaids, and we headed to the venue. While they got ready, I started decorating. The tables and chairs had been placed the night before during the rehearsal, so there wasn't alot of heavy lifting. On each table was a navy linen, a lantern surrounded by three smaller candles, flower petals, and confetti hearts that were punched out of old comics. On the dance floor cocktail tables we had silver linens with a raised print, vases with floating candles and blue stones, flower petals, smaller candles, and more of the confetti. The cake table had a linen with raised silver roses, and the cake was very nice - three tiers, white with "glitter" and navy icing beads at the bottom. The grooms' cake was a soccer ball of course. We settled on cheese, crackers, sandwiches, chips, fruit, veggies, cocktail wienies, and other bites for food. Our bartender Max was great! We had two kinds of wine and two kinds of beer with not a lot left over. The music was great as well; our friend Brian did a great job, and folks danced all night!
 
We of course had a father/daughter and son/mother dance. At the end of my dance with daddy, I let my mom cut in. Richard let his brother cut in at the end of his dance - it was so beautiful. We were really overcome with emotion while watching our friends and family all join together - there were nothing  but smiles and laughs all evening.
 
Our ceremony was outdoors and we did write our own vows. I may share them later. We both cried, the wedding party cried, our parents cried... everyone basically cried. I walked down the aisle to "Somewhere over the Rainbow" played by our friend Kurt. He also played "I'm Yours" for the other folks walking down the aisle. We had a reverse flower girl situation as well, where Margot chose to pick up the petals in lieu of throwing them LoL! That's okay - she's still adorable.
 
After we said "I do", we had a few seconds alone, and were just completely in awe of each other and what we had just done. I can't describe the feeling.. This was simply an incredible day.
 
More pictures to come!
Our friend Megan did a great job as our photog!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment