Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Career Worth Having, a Life Worth Living, and a Business Worth Owning

Between working in customer service, hospitality, and currently for the government; I've seen my fair share of bad or non-existent training. Take right now for instance; I'm sitting in my office waiting for the CFO to arrive to tell me why she will not approve my purchase orders. I've been doing them the same way for two years and suddenly they're wrong. Was I doing them incorrectly for the past 3 years or is her way of viewing different than the way my old boss was viewing them? Ya know, the guy who had been doing his same job for 15 years? Another issue I'm dealing with in regards to training - I have a report to do, and I've never been shown how to complete it. No one on property knows, so what is the extent of my training? "Figure it out." That's it.

They won't offer any sort of promotional opportunity here, but they will 100% use you up until they can't anymore. My new boss is dealing with the same stuff - she's under-trained. It makes me miss my old boss. I really need someone to take charge and give me some guideance and advocate for us in other departments where they believe they should be first priority - I'm doing the job of 3 people; sorry, your stuff isn't always urgent. I'm well aware that it's often my job to fix someone else's mistake, but that doesn't means it's at the top of my list of priorites - I have my own work to worry about too.

It's different with Keller Williams....
I mean, I'm already taking an educational course to help me succeed and I'm not even "on board" yet. I was also invited to a career night that was helpful and two realtors have already contacted me for meetings to give me more information. There are weekly, monthly, annual, semi-annual, and even daily opportunities for education and training. You have a team of people at your disposal to ask questions to and several tools at your finger tips to help you succeed. They are a training and coaching company disguised as a real estate company. On top of that, every single person I've met has been enthusiastic about their work - I've not had to ask anyone, "do you like your job?" It's been obvious and they are always vocal about it. My favorite thing that multiple people have said is,  "we want you to have a career worth having, a life worth living, and a business worth owning."

Better than the motto at my current job: "Figure it out. You're disposable."

In Googling, I see too that KW is listed as one of the top best places to work on Glassdoor. That's very encouraging too! The company has such great energy! So much energy that it's changed my goals in regards to how many houses I want to sell my first year.

Original goal: 20
New goal: 36

I INTEND to do that!
There is no try, only do.






No comments:

Post a Comment